Mouseless Browsing (MLB) is a Firefox-Extension which enables you to browse the internet with the keyboard. The basic principle is to add small boxes with unique ids behind every link and/or form element. You just have to type in the id and press enter (there is also an automatice mode available) to trigger the corresponding action i.e. following a link, pressing a button or selecting a textfield.
Watch the following Video Tutorials to learn all about Mouseless Browsing.
Read the Short Tutorial to get an introduction in all features of Mouseless Browsing.
Mouseless Browsing is highly configurable to suit your personal needs and preferences. Read the configuration documentation for further details.
To see how Mouseless Browsing looks like in real life I provide some Screenshots.
- Supports numeric as well as character ids; character set configurable
- Option to show ids before entire page is loaded
- Configurable modifiers to open link in new tab / new window / Cooliris Previews
- Configuration option to use numpad exclusively for Mouseless Browsing
- Configuration options to define for which elements ids should be shown (form element, links, pure image links, frames)
- Smart positining of ids: Ids for image links, textfields, selectboxes are placed in the right upper corner to minimize the impact on the page layout.
- Possiblity to configure URL specific behaviour (black/whitelist)
- Configurable shortcuts for all Mouseless Browsing actions
Please reports bugs and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org or even better report them on http://code.google.com/p/mouselessbrowsing/issues/list. Thanks!